Social skills are defined as an individual’s ability to use interpersonal skills and behaviors that are pleasing to others in social interactions. Social skills are important in an individual’s life because they often are a good indicator of future success in your professional development and career.
In this episode Mzwandile shares eight social skills that are critical to every leader:
1. Be proactive: you’re in charge
2. Begin with the end in mind: have a plan
3. Put first things first: play first, then work
4. Think win-win: everyone can win
5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood: listen before you talk
6. Synergize: together is better
7. Reward yourself: balance feels best
8. Being indistractable: being able to focus entirely on the task at hand—no mind-wandering about the phone or the newest show on TV.